A couple weeks ago we went strawberry picking as a family…and as a result I had enough strawberries to make smoothies, salads, popsicles, strawberry shortcake, muffins, AND this strawberry crisp!! I’m honestly surprised my family isn’t sick of strawberries, but it was all so delicious.
This strawberry crisp recipe turned out to be my favorite of them all, and it was the easiest! I had nearly everything I needed at home already.
My only regret is that I didn’t take a final picture with the ice cream on top, but it was so good we couldn’t wait!
• 5 cups fresh cut strawberries
• 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
• 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
• 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter – melted
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
• Combine the chopped strawberries & sugar in a large bowl and mix. Add cornstarch and vanilla extract. Pour into baking dish.
• In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Pour in the melted butter and stir. Sprinkle the crumbly mixture evenly over the top of the strawberries.
• Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Best served with vanilla ice cream!!
Follow me on Instagram: