Fish Stick TacosWith Fish Friday’s being so popular this time of year, it’s easy to get tired of the same old fish meals. Fun story: when I was little I absolutely loved fish, so for Lent I tried to give up fish and my family thought it was so funny! What else was I going to eat on Friday?! Now that I’m a mom myself, I’ve learned a little bit about how to spice up your regular dishes. And that’s exactly how these Family Friendly Fish Tacos came about! Disclaimer: This recipe was constructed as part of paid sponsorship with Gorton’s. However, all recipe details and opinions are my own. There’s really no right or wrong way to make these. If you have toddlers who can’t hold tacos yet, they can always eat a deconstructed version of these. My 2 year old loved them!!
What You Need:
- Gorton’s Fish Sticks
- Shredded Lettuce
- Avocados (2-3 depending on family size)
- Baja Sauce – we used this store bought Baja Sauce
- 2-3 Limes
- Bake your Gorton’s Fish Sticks as directed on the package.
- Cut up all produce: avocados, limes, and lettuce (if not shredded).
- Spread your tortillas (as many as your family needs) out on a baking sheet, overlapping each other. Stick in oven for 1-2 minutes once fish sticks are done or close to being done.
- Lastly, compose your fish tacos!! Spread the avocado on the tortilla first, add 2-3 fish sticks, and top with lettuce, Baja sauce, and a spritz if lime.
Ta-da!! A quick family favorite, served up in less than 30 minutes.
A few notes:
- You can leave them buffet style for your family to make their own, or build them as I did in the photos.
- We used pre-made Baja sauce for convenience, but you could substitute with sour cream or a lime crema as well!!
- Need another side? Try rice and beans, or chips and dip. Keep it simple!
Follow me for more family friendly recipes & check out my Instagram @blooming.little.blondes
XO – Elizabeth ❤️