This is my first pregnancy and I am only 30 weeks along, so all of these “must-haves” are coming from my own personal experience and are completely my opinion. However, I love everything on this list and have been using these things religiously since my pregnancy started. There are a couple things I debated putting on this list, such as maternity leggings and dresses, but the truth is I haven’t needed them as much as I thought. A lot of my fold-over yoga pant leggings have worked as maternity leggings (so far) and I’ve bought a lot of dresses from Target just in a size or two up.
That being said, I’m about to purchase maternity leggings, and have gotten a few maternity dresses now that I’m 30 weeks.
- Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Belly Butter $12.99- This has been my go-to lotion all of pregnancy. It’s not what I use on my bump (I will get to that), but this lotion keeps my stretching skin from drying out like no other. I was a little put off when I first tried it because it is so thick and doesn’t rub in easily, but you will be soft for days after trying this!
- Calvin Klein Modern Cotton Boyshort & Sports Bra- I’m not going to list a price on these, because I know they are normally like $22-$28 each or something crazy. I usually find these at T.J. Maxx for ~$10 for the sports bras & ~$4 for the underwear. I used to think these were overrated, but they have been the most comfortable sets my whole pregnancy. I went up a size (or two) in the top, but remain a Medium in the boyshorts. SO COMFORTABLE.
- Clean & Clear Persa-Gel 10 $4.99- I got terrible hormonal acne during my first and second trimesters. I never break out on my cheeks and I suddenly couldn’t stop. Products with salicylic acid aren’t recommended if you’re pregnant, so I switched to this gel which has maximum strength benzoyl peroxide instead. Miracle worker! But be careful-this gel can really dry out your face, so apply it sparingly.
- Burt’s Bees Mama Bee Nourishing Body Oil $7.99- I LOVE THIS STUFF. It smells amazing and makes my skin feel like GOLD. Okay…maybe an exaggeration, but I put this on my bump and breasts every day and I haven’t gotten any stretch marks so far (knock on wood). I strongly recommended it.
- Dove Body Wash- The price on this stuff seriously varies so much from store to store, but that’s besides the point. If you’re pregnant in the summer like me, a moisturizing body wash is very important. I thought I could save some money and buy any old body wash for vacation, but I was wrong. Save yourself the trouble and buy this.
- Clean & Clear Morning Burst Facial Cleanser $4.75- As I mentioned before, I got terrible acne around the end of my first trimester. I had too much oil on my cheeks, but was dry everywhere else. This face wash isn’t too harsh on your face but does the job. Not to mention, it gives you a little surge of energy when pregnancy steals all of yours.
- Water Bottle- Lastly, I can’t stress this enough…get a good water bottle! I prefer one with a straw because I’ve been waking up thirsty in the middle of the night A LOT and being able to grab and drink easily is necessary. I had other water bottles, but buying a cute new one is a good incentive to make you meet your water quota for the day.
Did I miss anything? I avoided putting any kind of prenatal vitamin or medications on here, because everyone has their own opinions on what is best. But if you have any other suggestions feel free to let me know 🙂